JOIN US FOR OUR 2017 ACADEMY AND ALUMNI PROGRAM
The 6-week academy is an intensive design-led innovation program to skill-up faster, break down silos, and reimagine the public service.
With a focus on digital transformation, and mentored by industry and government's brightest makers, you'll be helping to solve governments biggest problems.
HOw it works
1. SkillS & TOOLS
Over four hours per week, we provide practical tools and leader-led workshops to work agile, think lean and raise awareness of government challenges.
2. ACTION LEARNING
We facilitate an early stage solution for a problem, challenge or opportunity that participants are given to work on for the 6-week process.
3. COLLABORATE & BUILD
We fuse powerful alliances. We bring together a diverse range of high-calibre public and private sector professionals and give them access to an unparalleled network of speakers, mentors and resources to mobilise teams and the community.
+ Unit One: Discover
- User needs
- Digital Standards
- Agile delivery
+ Unit two: Make
- Data-driven decision making
- Cultural change
+ Unit three: Mobilise
- Leadership & Mobilising
- Branding & messaging
+ What are the goals of the academy?
Break silos, increase efficiency and build the infrastructured required to solve civic problems faster.
- Cultivate bold ideas and connect with leaders in the public and private sector
- Accelerate collaboration and undestanding of public / private projects
- Drive awareness and engagement in Digital Transformation and civic issues in Australia
+ How can you benefit from participating?
Energise, collaborate and build a culture of change within the public and private sector.
- Increase private & public sector participation with your civic issues
- Leverage industry expertise
- Cultivate an agile culture within your workplace
- Become part of the Alumni network that is helping redefine how we address civic issues
+ Whom will I be sitting next to?
We have a wide range of public and private sector people sign up for all of our programs. Typically you will be paired up with;
- If you are from the public sector we encourage anyone to apply
- If you are from the private sector we encourage designers / developers & product managers to apply, or people to work with government agencies regularly
+ Will there be any pre-work?
No, but we will provide you with a participation pack which has links to podcasts / readings / interviews / project examples that you can read and listen through in your own time.
+ Should I come equipped with anything?
We will supply all stationary for workshops, if you have a laptop or tablet we encourage you to bring them along.
We'd love to offer this program for free, but we haven't found the magic person or organisation to fund it. In the meantime, the cost per person is $3,000 per person (excluding GST).
+ Times & Dates
The Academy will be held on Tuesday evenings from 6-8:30pm and Friday 8-10am.
- 7th March - 14th April 2017
- 27th June - 4th August 2017
- 14th March - 21 April 2017
- 4th July - 11th August 2017
- 16th May - 23rd June 2017
- 3rd October - 9th November 2017
SECURE YOUR SPOT
Ready to the dive into the world of user-centered design, collaboration and agile work practices? Save your seat in the next Academy Program by selecting your city below.
EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST
Interested in the Academy but can't see one in your area? Need a bit more time to decide or have some questions for us? Use the form below to express your interest and we'll try our best to accommodate you.